With the market heating up for the spring and summer ahead, many Alaskan homebuyers are pondering the best tactics to ensure their offer comes out on top— especially if you have found your Anchorage area dream home! One of those tactics, for instance, may be to bypass any financing and make an all cash offer. Cash offers are typically a win-win in the eyes of Alaskan home sellers as it means you have the money to close the deal, however there are a few things you should note before you agree to go the cash route.
Below we’ve listed a few pros and cons to consider when making an all cash offer in Alaska:
- A cash offer tends to be favored above any others that require financing. In a seller’s market, this often means your offer will be the frontrunner.
- A cash offer can give you more leverage in terms of price and sellers may be willing to come down as you don’t have to secure financing or worry about unexpected hurdles.
- A cash offer moves quicker (less paperwork involved!) which can come in handy if you’re in a hurry to move.
- You will have no mortgage payments and no money spent on mortgage interest (which can add up fast!)
- All of your money will be tied to one asset, rather than spread around.
- You won’t have the same tax deductions that homeowners with a mortgage have— for instance, the tax break for mortgage interest.
- Your assets are less liquid when tied up in one real estate investment.
Whether you’re just beginning your home buying process in Anchorage and the surrounding Mat-Su Valley or have found your dream home and are ready to make a move, do not hesitate to contact Northern Edge Real Estate! We are here to walk you through every step and around every obstacle you may encounter.
Give us a call today!