East Anchorage Real Estate
Welcome to East Anchorage, AK!
Anchorage offers the best of both worlds, for any type of lifestyle, boasting both close proximity to a city setting and the grandeur of the untamed Alaskan wilderness. If you’re looking into homes settled in the melting pot community of East Anchorage, you will be pleasantly surprised that the area is suited to young professionals, families and single residents.
Public Transportation: Getting Around East Anchorage
Moving to a new part of town is an exciting step, but one that may require a bit of research— how you’ll get from Point A to Point B, for instance. Lucky enough, East Anchorage is easily accessible by car, with the Glenn and Seward Highways, and serviced by both bus and shared ride services.
- People Mover – The People Mover bus system will take you all over the city of Anchorage and has for more than 40 years. Traveling from East Anchorage to West Anchorage? No problem! The People Mover makes transfers easy and navigating a cinch.
- AnchorRIDES – This senior transportation program can transport the earliest of risers and those traveling by night, with expanded hours to suit all needs. Fare within the main service area is $3.50, while trips to and from healthcare facilities and pharmacies are donation-only.
- Share-A-Ride – Consider riding with a friend or co-worker on your morning commute! This ride-sharing program encourages Anchorage residents to drive together to reduce road congestion.
East Anchorage Real Estate Market
You won’t be disappointed with the homes available in East Anchorage! Here you will find moderately priced single family homes and condos, many of which boast at least 3 bedrooms! Many of these properties were built in the 1970’s, ’80s, ’90s and early 2000’s and you’ll quickly notice recent upgrades added in these area homes.
Ask your Northern Edge Real Estate agent to assist with your home search for properties in East Anchorage in order to find the specific size, features and value that you’re looking for this year.
Distinguished Schools in East Anchorage, AK
East Anchorage is home to many schools, including two colleges— University of Alaska Anchorage and Alaska Pacific University.
- Wonder Park Elementary School | Grades K-5
- Williwaw Elementary School | Grades K-5
- Susitna Elementary School | Grades K-5
- East High School | Grades 9-12
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- Alaska Pacific University
You’ll Enjoy: Nearby Healthcare, Higher Education, and Parks Galore
The vastly unique areas of Anchorage offer opportunities to experience local cuisine, outdoor activities and of course, perks like nearby healthcare, higher education and your pick of the best parks!
- Alaska Regional Hospital – One of three major Anchorage hospitals, Alaska Regional is located next to Merrill Field.
- Alaska Native Medical Center Hospital – This non-profit health center provides medical care to 150,000 Alaska natives and American Indians in Alaska.
- JBER Hospital – Just across Glenn Highway you will find JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson) Hospital.
- University of Alaska Anchorage – This public 4-year university is the largest in the state of Alaska and home to the UAA Seawolves.
- Alaska Pacific University – This small liberal arts college puts an emphasis on experiential and active learning and recently ranked #42 on U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Colleges – Regional Universities (West).
- Residents and visitors of East Anchorage are fortunate to have a wide range of parks available in the area, including Russian Jack Springs Park North, Goose Lake Park, Chester Creek Greenbelt Park, Sitka Street Park, Campbell Park, Baxter Bog Park, Arnold L. Muldoon Park, and Cheney Lake Park, to name a few!
Whether you’re moving to be closer to school, desire a shorter commute, or are simply looking for a great place to raise your family and begin your home ownership journey, East Anchorage is an excellent place for you!
For more information on homes available in East Anchorage, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Downtown Anchorage
- Midtown Anchorage
- West Anchorage
- East Anchorage
- South Anchorage
- Joint Base Elemendorf-Richardson (JBER)
- Eagle River
- Mat-Su Valley
- Secluded Pointe Estates
- Girdwood / Turnagain Arm
- Alaskan Lifestyle Properties
- Commercial Properties
- New Construction
- Military Relocation
- Relocation Guide
- Troy Davis Homes