Hillside Real Estate
Welcome to Hillside, a beautiful Anchorage community with unparalleled views! Here you can find a community with an “away from it all” feel and yet, within close proximity to everything Anchorage has to offer. Much like the state of Alaska as a whole, Hillside presents the best of both worlds, with scenic, natural surroundings right in the city.
Transportation in Hillside
Hillside is indeed located in the shadows of the Chugach Mountains, but thanks to the extensive transportation system in Anchorage, it is easy for residents to travel to and from the city center.
- The People Mover – This bus system has traveled Anchorage far and wide for over 40 years.
- Share-A-Ride – This program encourages Alaskan commuters to travel together in an effort to eliminate road congestion and pollution.
- AnchorRIDES – A transportation program for seniors, AnchorRIDES has extended hours to cater to both early morning and evening travelers.
Hillside Real Estate Market
If you’re looking for larger homes with privacy and a stunning mountain backdrop, Hillside is it. This community provides buyers with the opportunity to purchase properties with spacious yards, in safe neighborhoods and near great schools.
You’ll Enjoy: Breathtaking Views, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Wildlife
- Views: Hillside boasts views of both the mountains, sunrises and sunsets, as well as the city lights.
- Outdoor Activities: The Hillside area is popular for hiking, with close access to the Chugach trails, horseback riding in the summer and sight-seeing— even offering glimpses of Mt. McKinley. Nearby, you can also find the Alaska Zoo, which is home to over 40 species of Alaskan birds and both Arctic and Sub-Arctic animals. If winter sports are your forte, you’ll enjoy Hilltop Ski Area, offering skiing and snowboarding or for warmer weather activities, O’Malley’s on the Green golf course.
- Parks: Hillside parks include nearby Far North Bicentennial Park and Chugach State Park.
- Wildlife: As we mentioned above, Hillside provides a secluded feel right in the city and as a perk, that means wildlife abounds— for some, even in your own backyard!
Distinguished Schools in Hillside, AK
- Bear Valley Elementary School | Grades K-6
- Trailside Elementary School | Grades K-6
- Hanshew Middle School | Grades 7-8
- Goldenview Middle School | Grades 7-8
- Service High School | Grades 9-12
- South Anchorage High School | Grades 9-12
Everything in Anchorage is just a short drive away from scenic Hillside! Whether you are seeking a fresh start for your family, an oasis that still fits your commute or a relaxing spot to enjoy the Alaskan landscape, you can find it here. Do not hesitate to contact us about homes available in this area.
- Downtown Anchorage
- Midtown Anchorage
- West Anchorage
- East Anchorage
- South Anchorage
- Joint Base Elemendorf-Richardson (JBER)
- Eagle River
- Mat-Su Valley
- Girdwood / Turnagain Arm
- Alaskan Lifestyle Properties
- Commercial Properties
- New Construction
- Military Relocation
- Relocation Guide