West Anchorage Real Estate
Welcome to West Anchorage, located in the largest city in Alaska! Much like the whole state itself, here you will find an idyllic mix of culture, entertainment and community surrounded by vast, breathtaking nature. You will undoubtedly find something to love in West Anchorage, no matter if you’re a young professional, adventurer or family!
Living in West Anchorage
How will I get around in West Anchorage?
Getting around in West Anchorage is simple! Highways like the Alaska Route 1 and Glenn Highway link the city to the Kenai Peninsula and the Matanuska-Susitna Valley where you will find the cities of Wasilla and Palmer.
You also have the following options for transportation in West Anchorage:
- The People Mover – A bus system that has been in service for more than 40 years and will easily take you all over the city.
- AnchorRIDES – The local Senior Transportation Program that makes traveling easy no matter the time of day, early morning or late night.
- Share-A-Ride – This program encourages people to ride together to reduce road congestion. A great option for young professionals during their commute!
What type of homes are available in West Anchorage?
This part of the city offers many different types of homes, from townhouses to condos to single family properties, of all different sizes. There are currently plenty of homes to choose from in the West Anchorage real estate market!
Schools in West Anchorage
We know that schools are an important part of the home search in Alaska, especially for young families! Below are a few of the schools located in West Anchorage:
- West Anchorage High School | Grades 9-12
- Steller Secondary School | Grades 7-12
- Romig Middle School | Grades 7-8
- North Star Elementary | Grades K-6
- Inlet View Elementary | Grades K-6
Arts, Culture and Outdoor Opportunities Abound
West Anchorage appeals to ages both young and old and caters to interests far and wide. For instance, here you can enjoy:
- Kincaid Park: Kincaid Park is a 1,516.78-acre municipal park, with 60 kilometers of trails, Picnic Shelters, archery range, play equipment and more.
- Chester Creek Sports Complex: This sports complex is complete with outdoor ice rinks, baseball and football stadium.
- Margaret Eagan Sullivan Park: This park has trails for everyone including, running, biking, walking, skiing and snowshoeing.
- Chester Creek Trail: The Chester Creek Trail is perfect for an easy, scenic 4-mile walk that runs from Westchester Lagoon to Goose Lake.
- Proximity to Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Famously fresh, local seafood at various restaurants and cafes
Anchorage truly boasts the best of both worlds—a small-town feel with big city attractions. Stop dreaming about owning your little piece of Alaska and start living it now in West Anchorage!
- Downtown Anchorage
- Midtown Anchorage
- West Anchorage
- East Anchorage
- South Anchorage
- Joint Base Elemendorf-Richardson (JBER)
- Eagle River
- Mat-Su Valley
- Girdwood / Turnagain Arm
- Alaskan Lifestyle Properties
- Commercial Properties
- New Construction
- Military Relocation
- Relocation Guide